• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a-b trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

curtisd

i am a beneficiary of a a/b trust fom my uncle who is deceased (last march) and my aunt who is still alive.my dad is the trustee and also has power of attorney over my aunt who is in a nursing home.he also had POA over my uncle and in fact withdrew funds from his bank after his death.my question is how long does the trustee have before he must divulge the assets that are in the trust in california?

ALawyer

A power of attorney lapses on death. So I don't know how your father withdrew money.

As for the rest, it depends on the documents.

C

curtisd

thanks alawyer-he withdrew the money on the same date of my uncles death

A

advisor10

3-4-2002

He might also have had power as trustee and/or executor to get access to the funds.

Your question is somewhat unclear: how long does he have until he divulges the trust assets to whom? The decedent who set up the trust normally did so, one of the reasons being that trust information is confidential, and not public record that would be accessible for inspection by the public. But there is a way that you can get access to the trust information. I will contact you by e-mail about that.

advisor

C

curtisd

well let me say this if he withdrew the funds as a p-o-a would it be the same as withdrawing it as a trustee ? i'm a beneficiary of the trust-is he required to keep us informed of what is in the trust he's already sold the house and furnishings but were also talking about industrial property,stocks,life ins.etc.is he the only one allowed access to whats in the trust i know how many shares i have of the trust just not whats in it-and my aunt is still alive but in a nursing home

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">