• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back Stabbed By Parents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Anny

Evanston Wyoming.

My parents financed our home for us due to almost losing it over high medical bills, they were suppose to sell it to us then under contract of deed. the put this contract that wasn't at all what we discused in front of my husband & told him to sign it or else. I was away at that time in school & they took advantage. However we did pay the mortgage by putting the money from my husbands checks right into an account that the mortgage was to take the payment every month. Well my parents put their hand in the cookie jar and took the money so the mortgage company couldn't have it and allowed the home to be fourclosed on. they are trying to say we are not the homeowners which tecnically our nam eis not on the deed but we hav epaid for this home since 1994 and they never put a dime into this property we even paid all the closing fees. how can we keep our home? can we file and how do we file a hostile quick claim?

ALawyer

This is a REAL ESTATE question, but you'll sure need a lawyer to win. You may be able to file suit and get a lis pendens on the land, but this is a matter of local law and practice and has NOTHING to do with Wstate Planning.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">