• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank Accounts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goldielocks

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
My mothers banks accounts are in mine and her name is this part of her estate? She recentley passed away she has a will I'm executor of will do I read it or does attorney? Do I give each sibling a copy of will? It says divide between 4 children what do I divide? She gave me her property and has car with both our name on it. What do I have left to divide?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

curb1

goldielocks,

You become executor "of the will" when the probate court gives you that distinction. Has this been submitted to probate?

Did your mother expect you to divide her assets (bank accounts, house and car) among the "4 children"? What was the reason your mother put your name on the titles to the house, car and bank accounts? Was it her intention to leave everything to you and nothing for the other children?

Yes, you can give the other siblings a copy of the will. I would expect that you will get the same questions from them that I have asked.

goldielocks

Will

I was told my mothers Will does not have to go through probate. My mother only had a bank accounts and car no house. As I said before she gave me the car a long time ago. According to the banks the bank accounts are not part of moms estate. I was the only one to take care of her she lived with me almost 4 years she had alzhermer's.

latigo

Don’t be foolhardy by seeking answers to complicated probate laws and procedures from total strangers. Hire an attorney to assist you in this highly responsible fiduciary position of administering the estate!

As confused and lost as you are you are very apt to get your butt burned.

goldielocks

Will

Don’t be foolhardy by seeking answers to complicated probate laws and procedures from total strangers. Hire an attorney to assist you in this highly responsible fiduciary position of administering the estate!

As confused and lost as you are you are very apt to get your butt burned.
My mother put me on her bank accounts back in the 1980. I will be seeing an attorney Thursday. Like I told you my siblings were not around to help with mother.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">