• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank accounts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abby344

Florida My wife passed away recently and for a few years I suspected that she had been hiding money. How do I go about searching on the web to find bank accounts. I cannot afford to hire an attorney

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Florida My wife passed away recently and for a few years I suspected that she had been hiding money. How do I go about searching on the web to find bank accounts. I cannot afford to hire an attorney
There really is no way to just search online. You should try to check the various places that she may have received statements, etc. Also, after a few years, any money that's been sitting in an account will escheat to the state. At that point, the administrator of the estate can attempt to recover it. http://www.myfloridacfo.com/sitePages/services/flow.aspx?ut=Unclaimed+Property

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">