• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beneficiaries in husband's stock held in trust bank

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

djones1960

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
My daughter and I are beneficiaries of my now deceased husband's Walmart stock held in a trust bank in Arkansas. He was a resident of Arkansas for 25 years and returned to New York in 1991. In/around 1998, he returned to Arkansas, met with the trust bank and designated our daughter and I the beneficiaries of the stock (I faxed our social security cards and birth certificates to the bank). I have no information or paperwork on it and would like to verify it, and access the funds. I have made contact with a NY private investigator, the Arkansas Attorney General's Office and a couple of attorneys, all little to no help. I'm hoping you can help guide me in the right direction - THANK YOU!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

curb1

What did the bank say when you asked them about the trust? What did they say when you asked them to send the assets in the trust to you? What did they say when you asked them for a copy of the trust?

djones1960

As I orginally stated, I have no information regarding the trust, including the name of the trust bank or even where it's located. Based on the fact it was many years ago, and having moved, it's been like trying to find a needle in a haystack, working from memory.

curb1

I find it difficult to believe that now you are trying to reconstruct this. Where have you been the last decade that you would give this no thought? How hard is it to call each bank in Arkansas?

You "faxed our social security cards and birth certificates to the bank" and you don't know the name of the bank you sent this information? That seems really strange. When you faxed this information, why didn't you write this information down and put it with these documents, or did you?

If this is legitimate, this "bank" could be looking for you.

Kiawah

If he had stock in an account somewhere, it would be generating dividends and interest that would have to be claimed yearly on your tax forms. When you look at your tax return, what institution are the dividends and interest statements coming from?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">