• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beneficiary of Retirement Account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dc012

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
Is there a way to find out the name of the retirement account of a deceased person. The executor of the will has all paperwork (not a family member) and I have asked for the information but was told it would take time. Is there a national database that I could call and give them the deceased person's information and find out who holds the retirement account? Any information would be greatly apprecited. This is not part of the will, so I believe the executor could take their time.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

curb1

Why won't the executor tell you the information? Do you know the brokerage involved? What kind of a "retirement account? An IRA? A company account? Or what?

dc012

Beneficiary Retirement Account

Thank you for your reply. It is not that the executor won't, it is that I was told it would take time and that boxes still had to be gone through. No timeframe was given. If there was a national registry that had a database which listed people and their retirement agent (company), then I could get the information very quickly. Again, thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">