• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beneficiary rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

watertender

What is the name of your state? Texas
As the primary beneficiary (although not the only beneficiary) to a large estate do I have any say in how the executor is closing down the property and doling out severance pay to employees? I am currently staying on the property trying to possibly get it ready to sell and distributing personal items and he wants to dismiss the help which I need to do all this and cut off things such as cable service etc.
I also think the severance pay he is proposing is to low for some of these people who have been of service for so long.

He is also pressuring me to take the property as part of my settlement rather than the cash, I am not a TX resident but live in AZ. What would be the pitfalls of doing this? I don't think I want to move and would then have to sell the property, he has said it would be a better deal since I could possibly sell it for a greater profit. I just think he doesn't want to hassle with selling it.

I'm confused as to if this is better as he states????

ALawyer

You may just need the services of an attorney representing YOUR interests to advise you. The executor will certainly listen and pay heed to another professional more than to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">