• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beneficiary of Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DownAndOutInAz

Arizona

My husband was Sucessor Trustee and Sole Beneficiary of a Irrevocable Trust. There are 2 other people named in the event that my husband were to die (unrelated to the family). My husband passed away this last Sept. His father is in a nursing facility and his mother passed away in 1996. I would like to know if I am a Qualified Beneficiary to the Trust since I am the Wife to the deceased Sole Beneficiary.

Last edited:

Dandy Don

If you are asking whether you are qualified to receive the money that was supposed to be paid to your husband, then you need to take a copy of the trust to a trust attorney and have him interpret it for you to get your question answered. Did your husband leave a last will and testament or a trust of his own? You are not a direct beneficiary of the trust if you are not named in it.

Is the person who originated the trust (who named your husband as sole beneficiary) still alive or dead? The trust is supposed to be activated immediately after the death of the person who originated the trust.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">