• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

beneficiary's share of grandmothers estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan111

I live in Utah, My grandmother passed-away in October of 2008, she lived in Wisconsin, I'm one of the beneficiary's listed in her estate, just recently I received a partial payment from her attorney...My question is when can I expect the final payment owed to me? is there a time-line that it has to be paid to me by? I have also filed the K-1 form that was sent me if this has anything to do with final payment? :confused: any answers or advice would be appreciated..

anteater

That is a question that you will have to ask of the executor of the estate and/or the attorney for the estate.

Wisconsin does make a presumption that a probate estate should be wrapped up within 12 months. And my understanding that the courts in WI keep a pretty close eye on how long probate is open.

ryan111

thank-you "ANTEATER"

To whom ever Anteater is...I just wanted to take a moment to thank-U for helping me to answer a very awkward question...an for giving me the courage to finally, call my grandmothers attorney...attorneys...an find out what the heck was going on....its a 1st time for me dealing with this sort of challenge, I'm all on my own trying to deal with this out of the blue..things are harder when you don't have people to confide in, or to ask for help...anyway thanks for helping so promptly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">