• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beyond Furious. Need Remedy. If there Is One.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kayak77

What is the name of your state? ct

I am a beneficiary in a trust, with several other beneficiaries. Beneficiary e. has accused me of a lot of BS and has also accused the executor/attorney of a lot of what I assume is BS.

e. apparently believes this crap as e. has been repeating false allegations ad nauseum; I have not lost employment, no real damages that are provable. e. did not contest the will/ is now fighting the attorney/executor.

If A) e. cites the allegations against me in writing as a part of e's fight against the executor/attorney, can I sue e? How can I find what is in writing?

B) What recourse is there on this if any: e. continually communicates allegations against me to the executor through fits, letters, phone calls, complaints and pressures executor about how to manage finances, to the point that the once easy going executor who told me not to concern myself with this *&!$ now interrogates me. The atty is royally po'd at this point. As suspicious as he now is of me since e's decision to fight him, I am now increasingly suspicious of him.

Ironic.

Some family members say e. will say anything for the money (although this is exactly what e. claims everyone else is after). Its divisive; relationships have deteriorated because good people question and I get ticked off after awhile answering the same questions again and again or else things just aren't the same.

e's actions seemingly create hostility between the executor and beneficiaries. Which is perhaps not far from the intent.

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

Q: If A) e. cites the allegations against me in writing as a part of e's fight against the executor/attorney, can I sue e?

A: Court pleadings are protected; if he otherwises publishes defamation, he may be liable if he is spreading falsehoods that fall within the libel law.

Q: How can I find what is in writing?

A: Ask him.

Q B) What recourse is there on this if any: e. continually communicates allegations against me to the executor through fits, letters, phone calls, complaints and pressures executor about how to manage finances, to the point that the once easy going executor who told me not to concern myself with this *&!$ now interrogates me. The atty is royally po'd at this point. As suspicious as he now is of me since e's decision to fight him, I am now increasingly suspicious of him.

A: I don't know. I wish I knew how to control people but I do not.

Dandy Don

If the allegations are untrue, then you need to take them with a grain of salt, since it has no effect on what you will be receiving from the trust. I know it's annoying and upsetting, but have as little contact with the executor/trustee as possible. Their only obligation is to give you your money at the proper time in accordance with what the trust and will say.

Interrogates you about what? Official estate matters or just rehashing the false allegations? If you would prefer not to have contact with him, get your own attorney and have executor/trustee refer any questions/concerns to your attorney to convey to you.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">