• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Big Brother is Power Of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deanrusk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Texas,Harris County

Ok here is the deal.
Big brother is the trustee of the will,which includes me and my older sister as beneficiaries .My father passed a month ago.There is 100,000 cash and a home worth 60k.All assets are to be split 3 ways.

My brother hasn't been very cooperating when it comes to disclosing accounting in detail,like for example;shows bank statements but payees are an mystery.

Then he say's we have to wait until the house is sold because of some future expenses might occur.I beg to differ,I think he's on an power trip.

Does this justify Breach of Judiciary Duty?:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

anteater

A will does not have a trustee. A trust has a trustee. And neither of them has anything to do with a power of attorney.

A will may nominate someone to serve as the estate's personal representative in order to administer the deceased's probate estate. But the will must be admitted to probate and the personal representative appointed by the court.

So, did your father have a trust? Or did he simply have a will?

Either way, since your father only passed away one month ago, your expectations are completely unreasonable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">