• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bill to estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jshaught

My dad just passed away june 14th at 92 yrs. I am executor in the will along with my sister. (I have 5 sisters and 1 brother)My dad needed almost 24 hr. care for the last 1 1/2 yr and when we asked for their help they told us no and to hire someone. Rather then hire strangers I said I would hire my other sisters and sometime their children.I have 3 sisters and myself who did all the work and 3 siblings who refused to help. I didn't really pay them for every thing they did because I wanted to make sure my dad wouldn't need for anything but I am wondering if they could summit a bill for all their help. Because I truly owe them Without them I would have had to put my dad in a home. Also 2 1/2 years ago my Dad in sound mine gave my husband and me 20,000 to start a business. I wrote out the check because I had POA. My dad was in sound mine but he hadn't wrote his signature in years because his hands shook. Three of my sisters new about it but my dad told me not to say anything to my other sisters because he new they would cause a ruckus. I am the youngest have medical and health proxy,I have POA and took all responsibility for all his care,up keep on the house and his finances. What my other question is can my other sisters go back on me for the money. They are jealous and hateful to the rest of us. We would also like to know if there would be anyway to get her off as an executor. Would majority rule? The house was left in all out names 6years ago. Who has the right to sell it. They seem to think they can do anything they want. We are afraid they will strip the house when we are not there. My sister has already taken eveyting she wants the week before my dad died and with out us knowing(he was in the hospital)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">