• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

blindTrust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nanz

What is the name of your state?Illinois

15 years ago in the state of Connecticut, I signed some paperworks to help an old boyfriend with a second home mortgage. After a month or so I signed other paperworks to release my name from the previously signed mortgage/ownership documents. I had no idea what type of transaction I was signing or what forms. I trusted him blindly and knew he would not do anything to harm me. After more than a decade the Connecticut Dpt of Revenue had located my address and send me an audit bill of a lump sum added to another lump sum of interest and penalty for a tax assessment and liability on gift tax. I do not have any paper under my records and the city court clerk were only able to find what Dpt revenue are building their case on :a simple clean deed stating my donation of a house as a gift tax to the above mentionned old boy friend. Can u see any way out of this? Any advice is appreciated. -Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">