• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Debfal48

What is the name of your state? MASSACHUSETTS
the trust of my deceased mother has four daughters as executors and beneficieries. one of the daughters has taken money from one of our mothers savings account the check was written out to her own name and appears the signature was forged. how would we be able to protest this trust. This one sister has been named in the trust as lifetime tenant as long as she pays all the bills such as taxes utilities etc. We also found that my sister took out money from my mothers cd account to pay off a loan that belongs to her Columbian husband who has defaulted on this loan and has been in Columbia for the past 3 years
what advise do you suggest to start this without costing us a lot of money

moburkes

What is the name of your state? MASSACHUSETTS
the trust of my deceased mother has four daughters as executors and beneficieries. one of the daughters has taken money from one of our mothers savings account the check was written out to her own name and appears the signature was forged. how would we be able to protest this trust. This one sister has been named in the trust as lifetime tenant as long as she pays all the bills such as taxes utilities etc. We also found that my sister took out money from my mothers cd account to pay off a loan that belongs to her Columbian husband who has defaulted on this loan and has been in Columbia for the past 3 years
what advise do you suggest to start this without costing us a lot of money
This is confusing. How do you write a check from a savings account? Why does an account still exist with a dead woman's name on it (not trying to be disrespectful)? What does the nationality of your sister's husband have to do with ANYTHING?

Debfal48

broken trust

The check my sister wrote payable to herself from a savings account that also had capability to write checks. The account was under my father and mothers name my father passed away in june 02 and my mother passed away in Oct 2006 . My sister tried to go to that bank in April 06 to close out the account, and was told my mother would need to go there with my fathers death certificate. My mother was in very serious condition in the hospital on the date in question. My sister wrote out a check for amost the entire balance, $17,000.00 payable to herself and put it in her own account.

Then after my mother passed away , she paid off her husbands loan with my mothers CD's totaling another $17,000.00
The only reason I said he was Columbian is that he married my sister in 2002 then had my mother co sign a $50,000.00 loan left this country and has not been back since and left the loan in default.

All this was done behind the other 3 sisters back

moburkes

Has anyone retained an attorney?

You brother in laws nationality has NOTHING to do with this. Period. I'd remove all references if you expect to get help. Otherwise, the only responses that you will receive have to do with YOU being racist.

Debfal48

debfal48

No one has retained an attorney as of now, that is my question to you, we do not know what type of attorney to retain, would it be the attorney who set up my mothers trust and will? We just don't have a lot of money left in the estate as my sister has stolen almost all of it and is living in the house that we all are supposed to own 1/4 each. She changed all the locks and has allowed her daughter and grandson to move into my mothers appartment. It is a two family home. We have not filed anything through probate yet as we are shocked about this whole situation.

Please advise if it would be a Family Law attorney, Wills and Probate attorney? and do you know if there are any other avenues to follow?

Dandy Don

Your attorney will also need to look at the details of how the CD was cashed in--daughter may have gotten power of attorney to do it and that may be abuse of POA if your state has laws against such--she may have to pay that money back to the estate.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">