• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Calif. Dad died, had trust with stepmom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ruether

When my dad died in Calif. six years ago, we approached our stepmom of 2.5 years about any will that he may have had. At that time we were told that he did have a will, but that it just stated for everything to into their A-B living trust. I know that we are the eventual heirs/beneficiaries of the trust, along with my stepsister (her daughter from a previous marriage). My concern is that my stepmom is very tight-lipped on the subject, in fact she won't tell us what is in the trust and has never talked to us about it since. My two brothers have not spoken to her in the six years and I do only on occasion. Do we have any rights to know what is going on with my dad's trust, what is in it, how it's being handled, etc? My sense is that since she won't let us know about it, I feel she will try to leave everything to my stepsister when she dies. This is a quite large estate and I want to make sure that my dad's wishes are tended to. Should I contact an attorney?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">