• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Living Trust and right to Loan workout or H.A.M.P

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BRENDA IVEY

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

In 2008 my mother placed $100,000 down on and financed on her good credit the home we currently live in . She had set up a living trust naming my sister executor with durable power of attorney for her estate which included this house. Upon her death she named me as beneficiary to this home. I have been making the payments diligently. It turns out the mortgage was a World Savings Loan bought by wachovia. The interest is 7% on a variable mortgage. we purchased for $450000 the home is now worth less than $200000 We are currently underwater and wachovia refuses to assist us even though my sister drafted a letter once again naming me beneficiary of the property. Recently I found out that Wells Fargo settled a class action lawsuit against Wachovia for pick a pay loans. Although I do not recall seeing pick a pay on the original paperwork, it has a lot of the same violations like non disclosure for the variable rate, the people at Wachovia are rude and even though I've provided all the paperwork copies of the trust will etc they still will not help me. I qualify for the H.A.M.P program but they keep playing the same game of fax a copy of the trust over and get authorization from your sisiter etc. this would be the fourth time doing it. What ARE MY RIGHTS AS THE BENEFICIARY? Is there anything I can do to complain or sue them for breach of contract for violating the trust? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No need to start another thread:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/wills-trusts-estate-planning-113/mothers-trust-underwater-mortgage-wachovia-refuses-h-m-p-even-though-qualified-538675.html

Your question(s) were answered there...

BRENDA IVEY

Actually Sir they weren't answered

Who owns the property? What do you mean by that? Who's name is it in? The Trust of my mother. So what are my options then?

tranquility

The beneficiary has no rights to negotiate. The trust owns the property. The property must be transferred to you before you own it and can negotiate regarding it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The beneficiary has no rights to negotiate. The trust owns the property. The property must be transferred to you before you own it and can negotiate regarding it.
...which is what was said in the other thread ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">