• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California: Trustee and Executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gotprobs

California.

Trust, will, codicils and petition to determine order of succession entered in Orange County by Grandfather (Decedent as of October 2010).

Mother named as first sole successor trustee in trust in 1988.

Granddaughter listed ambiguously (though verbally, before Grandfather's death, he made it clear that Granddaughter should be executor and trustee) as first in order of succession as executor in 1996.

Mother hiding documents. Refuses to produce original documents. Has emptied bank accounts that were willed by Grandfather into trust.

Petition filed, in pro per, to provide accounting to the court, to provide original documentation in order to get an accurate certificate of trust, and to appoint Grandaughter as trustee.

Recent information, after filing, has turned up that shows accounting provided to the court is fraudulent using account numbers that don't even exist.

Question 1: What is the best way to add a request to the original petition for removal of mother as trustee and executor based on fraud or incompetence (whichever reason best explains non-existent count numbers on court documentation years in a row)?

Question 2: Mother's health is bad, mental state is poor, and she suffers from severe alcoholism. May qualify as dependent adult of Father, with whom she is married. Will it appear retaliatory to call social services? If not, what is the best way to get her a medical checkup? Father refuses to allow her access to medical care.

Question 3: I've found the money in a variety of poorly managed accounts by sleuthing ignorant bank tellers. It is, approximately, one million dollars. Is there a way to get the bank to freeze the money until this is all sorted out? Mother has been served and may do something crazy.

Question 4: I have zero dollars. What can I expect to have to pay an attorney to help out? Am crazy am I for not having an attorney for this process? That is what everyone keeps telling me.

Thank you, in advance, for any input. I am happy to answer any questions and will do my best to be prompt.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">