• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can he take my half?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cbcls09

I co-own a house with my brother. Our mother willed it to us following her death, and I have carried on all of the responsibility by myself since 1998 and now he is trying to take my half of the house from me. By law, can he do that?

OHRoadwarrior

Without the specifics we cannot give you an answer whether he has a financial claim against your portion. Nor do we know the current status under which the property is titled.

Cbcls09

My mother's will stated that everything was to be divided between my bother and I. The house (that I currently live in) and the 13 acres of land. He is making false accusations about my daughter and I living in the house for free, and using the money that my mother left to both of us for housing expenses (with his permission). Now, he is threatening me with a lawyer and he wants to take my half of the house and sell it with 100% of the profits going into his pocket. I was wondering if this was possible??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">