• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I be bought out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Monson

What is the name of your state? North Dakota
My parents had a living trust set up, so that when they both had past my three siblings and I would each have a quarter interest in a 640 acre farm. My question is, when this happens, if I want to be bought out are they required to buy me out or am I stuck owning a quarter interest of this place with the rest of my siblings until they decide differently or want to sell out themselves?

seniorjudge

My question is, when this happens, if I want to be bought out are they required to buy me out NO or am I stuck owning a quarter interest of this place with the rest of my siblings until they decide differently NO or want to sell out themselves? NO

You can sell out when and if you want.

Right now if you want.

Monson

revenue from the farm

The farm is currently enrolled in a crp contract (which is a government contract that pays to plant tillable farmland to grassland about $35/acre), when this contract comes up for renewal, if the other three siblings didn't want to renew the contract and rather rent it out for $14/acre to my brother who plans on raising cattle, will the majority rule even if I don't agree?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">