• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I contest an executor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lizineauclaire

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

My Grandmother passed in 2003. When she made her will in 2000 I had left my ex husband due to abuse & found out he was arrested before our marriage for raping a 7 year old. She was mad at the whole family at that point & made my sister-in-law as the executor to my kids trust fund which she started. He is now in prison for sexual assault of a 16 year old. I have not spoken to his side of the family since 2000. I need to know if you can contest that part of the will, having my sister-in-law, as the executor. There is a no contact order against my ex for myself & children. He may have messed with our daughter. I have to keep hiding as he has threatened to kill me if he finds me. I don't want him knowing where I am so this is why I want to change this will. And that's the only part I want to change is executor.What is the name of your state?

Dandy Don

Is there some reason you are mad at the sister-in-law? She has done nothing to you. Instead you need to be as polite as you possibly can to her so she will be favorable to you and your children in administering the trust fund in a timely fashion. Just because you will have contact with her (and that will probably be only through the mail) doesn't mean you will be having contact with your ex.

You have no legal grounds to remove this executrix. If the will names her, then she is the one who is going to serve.

lizineauclaire

It's just that I haven't had any contact with her since 2000. I am angry that his side of the family didn't let me know he was a child molester. But now that you told me we would only have to communicate through the mail I feel better. Thanks. Liz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">