• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i help my father and how

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deeken25

My dad has had ms for twenty seven years after him and my mother divorced.He went to live with my grandparents.They took care of him for the last 21 years.My granparents were wealthy.My grandmother died march/97.My brother moved in to my grandfathers home to care for my granfather[who has altimers disease]and my father who has[multiple sclerosis].At that time my uncle and aunt[my fathers only siblings]came to the house and took whatever they wanted numerous jewls,crystal,legal documents,cars and house hold items.My uncle is my fathers power of attorney and also was my grandparents.Only 1 time have me and my brother inquired into the subject of what is our fathers.My brother was told that because my grandparents took care of him for the last 21 years nothing was his.They considered the care my grandparents took of him as his share.My father told me he wanted a new vcr,entertainment center and rug for his room.I called my uncle and informed him he said my father dosen't need those items and besides he don't have any money.I dropped it figuring that everthing that my grandmother owned or had legally went to her spouse.Now three weeks ago my grandfather died.My uncle claims they have no money or assets!That is absolutly absurd.Thats like saying bill clinton is not the president.My grandparents had no will.The real problem is,is that my grandparents worked in conjunction with my uncle to rid themselves of there money and assets somehow everthing they had they put into his name or gave to him.EX.my grandparents bought a home $130,000 cash,But legally it shows that my uncle owns the house.I know this as fact because i was present at many of there conversations.They did this because they were worried that they would become ill and end up in a elderly home at which time the state would take all there money.Apparently they did not want that to happen.I know they verbally instructed my uncle to split everthing they owned to there 3 children when they died.Actually because there is no will.New york state law states that thier estate is to be split up between the living children.{New York is were they reside.]Apparently my uncle does not wish to give my father anything actually he plans to sell the house split everything with his sister and put my father in a home.I'm sure my grandparents wealth and assets could not dissapear they owned a store for 50 years.My father does not want to go in a home and is terrified of it.I am a stay at home mom of 4 children ,My husband earns about $22,000 a year.I have no money for a lawyer or to care for him.I live in North Carolina.I don't know what to do .I will do anything i can for him .He should have his share so he could live as he pleases and how my grandparents intended him to .Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">