• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Process My Own Living Truat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ebla

My finacial planner recommends that I start a living trust. Well I was pretty shocked at the fees Estate Attorney's charge for a couple of hours worth of work. With the sophistication of the newer Living Trust software available, can I process my own living trust and just have it notorized by a designated official? ANy reply would greatly be appreciated.

Best Regards,

ED

ALawyer

Sure. And you can also do brain surgery on yourself. Both may work and will certainly save you money. However if you foul up, the costs to your heirs are HUGE; the trouble with the best of the software is that it is highly likely people will foul up -- there was a great article some years ago in the San Jose Mercury where a smart reporter used software and messed up his Will, and with a bad living trust, it is that much easier.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">