• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I use a simple online will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mixtim

What is the name of your state? Maryland

Now that I'm a proud new parent my husband and I want to finally getting around to drafting our will. Basicially, we want to leave all our assets to our child(ren) and if we die before they turn 18, give custody to my brother.

Can I just use a simple will from an on-line service to do this? I really want to avoid using an attorney if possible.

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state? Maryland

Now that I'm a proud new parent my husband and I want to finally getting around to drafting our will. Basicially, we want to leave all our assets to our child(ren) and if we die before they turn 18, give custody to my brother.

Can I just use a simple will from an on-line service to do this? I really want to avoid using an attorney if possible.
Sure you can use a simple will form, so long as you comply with all of the necessary formalities for creating a valid will (witnesses, etc.). As to whether or not the will really will accomplish what you hope, well, that's another question altogether.

And you can't will your kids away. You may suggest a guardian in the will, but that's about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">