• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can live in boyfriend contest my Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michi455

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I am a widow and want to know if in the future my boyfriend decides to move in with me, is he entitled to any of my assets if I have a will leaving everything including my house to my children. I asked this question earlier in another post if we were to get married and in that case I would get a prenuptial but in the case if we dont get married and just live together can he contest the will.

anteater

Since, presumably, there is no prior will under which he stood to inherit and since he would not stand to inherit under intestacy, he would not have standing to contest.

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I am a widow and want to know if in the future my boyfriend decides to move in with me, is he entitled to any of my assets if I have a will leaving everything including my house to my children. I asked this question earlier in another post if we were to get married and in that case I would get a prenuptial but in the case if we dont get married and just live together can he contest the will.
Why would you let him call the shots about moving in with you? You haven't cared enough about him to marry him, so why are you giving him such power now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">