• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can she do this to us

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

candicebrooke

california
probate for my mothers estates has closed my sister sends checks every 3 months will now for what ever reasons she refuses to send our checks she said she has to protect her intrest, this money comes from property my mom sold before she died it is suppose to be divided equally can she do this to us. there our two administrators my sister and my brother my brother dont agree with her. help

ALawyer

It sounds as if she is being unreasonable UNLESS there are possible claims outstanding against the estate, possibly Estate Tax issues. If the estate is truly closed, and unless the Will provided for deferred payouts, she is plain wrong.

A letter from a lawyer that sets out why what she is doing is wrong, and mentions the possiblity of claims agains HER, and going to probate court for an order holding her liable for abuse should do the trick.

C

candicebrooke

her estate is truely closed there is nothing outstanding on the estate its just that when taxes become due this year on other property that my mother had she thinks it no one will pay there part its not even due yet we all have jobs good jobs, careers so she dont know what she is talking about. she is being unreasonable i think.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">