• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can someone explain to me what i'm waiting for and how long?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cetiya

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wa so my brother died a few years ago and i heard from his lawyer that the estate was ready to be closed. i sent in original signatures for the things we needed signed. he took those signatures to the court. i asked him what the procedure was and what exactly we are waiting for and he didnt say much, just waiting for the court to act. does anyone know how long this takes, or is there no real answer to that? its been about three weeks. the lawyer already has the amount to the penny that he owes me. but other than "a few weeks" and "soon" , he doesnt know any more than that.

anteater

This is something that you are just going to have to bug the attorney about. I presume that the attorney is the estate's personal representative. If he isn't, then you can bug the personal representative also.

The delay could be due to getting on the court's calendar. It could be because it isn't a high priority item for the attorney. Nobody here can say.

cetiya

i just wasnt sure if there were some procedures i was unaware of that might be prolonging this. i dont know what is going on with the court systems. thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">