• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Trustee do this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RogerWilco69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

Trustee is also a Beneficiary. I am a Beneficiary.

Trustee told me in the meeting that the Trust documents says medical, insurance, and education is paid for. Trustee told me a week ago that Trustee has discretion whether to or not to apply trust assets. Trustee is supposed to act in my best interest. I have a private policy that I pay because I am unemployed. I needed to make premium payment for my policy by the end of the month or my policy will cancel. Insurance company said I can reinstate my policy with no penalty if I make payment before another thirty (30) days. I decided to make payment after insurance policy was canceled to reinstate it because I did not have the money and the Trustee refused to pay.

I get a letter from the Trustee stating that the Trustee had to make the insurance policy premium payment or else it would cancel. However, the payment made was not an acceptable use of funds, and as such, I need to reimburse the trust.

1. Trustee refuses to give me the trust document. Can Trustee legally do this?
2. Trustee says that unauthorized payment was made by the Trustee to keep my policy in force. I was going to pay my premium payment, but Trustee did not want to for no reason given. Also, Trustee went behind my back, made the payment, and is now demanding I must pay the trust back or face legal consequences. Can Trustee legally do this?

I don't want to get an attorney involved because the Trustee is family and I think she is acting on a whim. Help !

tranquility

If you don't want an attorney involved because it's family, then go talk with them.

Yes, you should be able to have a copy of the trust portions which apply to you currently. If certain conditions are met, you should get a copy of the whole trust.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">