• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can you file a quit claim deed after someone dies?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

florence

My grandfather quit claimed his house to my dad (when he was visiting for Christmas) it was notarized & witnessed. Neither one ever filed it at the court house and now my grandfather passed away. He leaves dad the house in his will. Can deed be filed now after the death? Or will my dad have to go through probate?

ALawyer

This is really determined by your state's law and these laws vary all over the place, and sometimes depend on how much after the death the deed is filed.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">