• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car insurance loan/death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hockeymom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

My husband passed away a few months ago. He had a leased jeep I brought back, but he also took out a loan in February to buy me a new VW Jetta. I know he did not take the loan insurance from the car loan company, but I need to know if any of this coverage on our auto insurance covers the loan upon death. My husband died of a heart attack, not anything to do with the vehicles at all. These are the ammendments on the insurance statement (all in his name with me as additional driver) that he made to the insurance on my car when he bought it:

SDIP Change
Loss Payee Change
Driver assignment change
Replace car
Driver changed

We also have full coverage on everything else for the car, collision, comprehensive etc....

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">