• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Challenge Change in Beneficiary of Mentally Incompetent person

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

connieharper

I live in Florida. My husband had a nervous breakdown 7 months ago and was released from a mental hospital after a 2 week forced stay. In the discharge papers he was diagnosed as "Mentally Unstable" and adviced NOT to make any important legal decisions because of his mental condition. Since then he has been diagnosed with Alhzimer's as well.

Two weeks ago, he took all our money from our joint banking accounts and opened a new account and placed it in a CD in only his name and put his daughter (not my daugther) as the beneficiary of all our life's savings. This is a pay on death account, I think. He also drew up a new will excluding me and his other daughter, leaving everything to the one other daughter .

Last week, he committed suicide. The daughter listed as beneficiary is planning to go to the bank and withdraw the money. Can I contest this? Would I have a chance to win? The money is my life's savings. Thanks for your help.

V

VONNIE

if i was you i would get a lawyer. let him handle it. since you have the papers saying that he wasn't stable. good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">