• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changes made to a trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Whitrae

I live in California. My father and mother had a living trust that held assets to real estate property that was to be distributed to beneficiaries once they had passed. My mother passed before my father, about 7 years. When my mother was still alive she had cremoved me as a beneficiary. My question is if my father hadn't signed when she changed it, would it still be valid?

justalayman

I live in California. My father and mother had a living trust that held assets to real estate property that was to be distributed to beneficiaries once they had passed. My mother passed before my father, about 7 years. When my mother was still alive she had cremoved me as a beneficiary. My question is if my father hadn't signed when she changed it, would it still be valid?
You would have to have an attorney review the terms of the trust to determine if she had the authority to alter the trust or its beneficiaries.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">