• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Checking acct.s

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amberwave

My mohter passed away in June of 01. Do I as the executor of her estate have the choice to ask the bank if I can get records of her and my fathers checking acct.? He is electing agaist the estate , I think he moved some of the money before she died, my atty. said I do have the right as executor , I want to get the records for the last 2 yr.s BEFORE her death or at least 1yr. proior to her death?This is in the state of Kansas.

Last edited:

A

advisor10

3-12-2002

DEAR AMBERWAVE:

For what reason would you want to do the research on this account? If you are trying to claim more money on behalf of the estate, that would be a waste of time, since as joint account owner, he was entitled to make withdrawals from this account at any time before or after your mother's death.

SINCERELY,

advisor

amberwave

because he got the benifit of moneis from her mother leaving CD to her...and we have some cashiers checks missing we dont know where they are or if she deposited them or what ..worth about 33k

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">