+ Reply to Thread
    gumbs Guest

A married man conceives a child out of wedlock. Does the child have rights to his estate? What must be done to protect the financial security of the children conceived in the marriage?
    I AM ALWAYS LIABLE is offline Senior Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gumbs:
    A married man conceives a child out of wedlock. Does the child have rights to his estate? What must be done to protect the financial security of the children conceived in the marriage?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Unless there is a limiting, or disinheritance, clause in the Will then, yes, all such children are entitled to the Estate of a biologically proven father. But, if there is a disinheritance clause in the Will, the odds are very long that any such child could inherit. Please check with your attorney in your own State for your State specific laws.

IAAL

------------------
    By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE is offline Senior Member

x

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited August 23, 2000).]