• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Childrens rights regarding parent needing medical attention

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

htevlev

I am a resident of South Carolina. My dad and his new wife of 2 years are residents of North Carolina.
My question is this. I am greatly concerned over the way my dad is now. I believe that he is either very sick or being poisoned by his new wife.
In the past year, she has persuaded him to take out over 100,000 in life insurance, with her as the beneficiary; gotten him to go and change his will and make her the sole beneficiary of everything he owns, and now this weekend has convinced him to sale some land he owned for the money.
He is acting very strange too, he ran into my aunt, today, whom he has know for 50 years and didnt know who whe was. He calls me and then he will call me the very next day and have the same conversation with me, like he does not remember talking to me. I have asked him about this and he just says he dont remember.
Also, back in 1976 he was involved in a car wreck, and was at that time declared "brain damaged". Of course, I love him and the only thing I have ever noticed about his "mental capabilities" is that he is a cut-up and dont think too seriously about things.
My question is: Is there anything legally I can do to have him "evaluated" without his or his wifes consent.
I am losing my Dad very fast, and I dont want to. I love him.
This is NOT about me wanting anything he owns, I dont need the money, but I am very worried about his Health......and, I am very scared that "she" is causing a lot of these problems. I know that she is a "speed" and alcohol freak, and I am afraid she is putting something in his drinks....
Do I have any legal rights?
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">