• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

claiming stock

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sjt2000

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ny
My Grandmother passed away in '95, my father was named executor of her will, some stock was never admitted and
is now in the Ny states unclaimed funds which I am trying to file for. My father is deceased as is my mother, 2010 and his brother my uncle (his only sibling)in 1998, my Uncle has one blood daughter and one adopted son, who is deceased. Do i have to notify my cousin, the adopted son's children of the stock in the estate I am tring to claim for myself, my brother and my sister? in the will my grandmother left everything to my father and stated that my uncle had done very well for himself and would be able to provide well for his family. My grandmother's estate was small, so she just left it to my dad for taking care of her all those years since my uncle was rich. I am curently filing toreplace my deceased father in administrating the will. thank you, ST

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ny
My Grandmother passed away in '95, my father was named executor of her will, some stock was never admitted and
is now in the Ny states unclaimed funds which I am trying to file for. My father is deceased as is my mother, 2010 and his brother my uncle (his only sibling)in 1998, my Uncle has one blood daughter and one adopted son, who is deceased. Do i have to notify my cousin, the adopted son's children of the stock in the estate I am tring to claim for myself, my brother and my sister? in the will my grandmother left everything to my father and stated that my uncle had done very well for himself and would be able to provide well for his family. My grandmother's estate was small, so she just left it to my dad for taking care of her all those years since my uncle was rich. I am curently filing toreplace my deceased father in administrating the will. thank you, ST
That stock belongs to your grandmother's estate and needs to go through probate. So you cannot just claim it without going through the proper legal channels of probate court.

sjt2000

That stock belongs to your grandmother's estate and needs to go through probate. So you cannot just claim it without going through the proper legal channels of probate court.
That is what i am talking about, I am filing for that now. my question is; do i need to notify my adopted cousins kids i am filing and do they have any claim?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">