• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

claims against estate after**************

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

racleborg

My mother died recently and in her will left the income of her estate to my father and on his death the capital of the estate is to be shared equally between myself and my 2 brothers.

My father has announced that he is to remarry.

We have been informed that if my father retires and his sole income then comes from my mothers estate. My (evil) stepmother will then be able to claim a portion of that income from the estate on my fathers death for her lifetime. Which is very worrying for myself and my brothers.

Any advice on this matter would be very much appreciated.

anteater

Why did you not answer the "What state are you in" question?

We have been informed ....
Who did the informing?

My mother died recently and in her will left the income of her estate to my father and on his death the capital of the estate is to be shared equally between myself and my 2 brothers.
How is this being accomplished? Was a trust created?

curb1

Have you had a conversation with your father to determine his intentions? You need some legal guidance right now, don't wait until the marriage or future death. Your father needs some legal guidance right now to make sure his intentions are followed as he wishes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">