• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Class "A" Beneficiaries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lctweed

What is the name of your state? NJ

Estate of parent's valued uner $1,500,000 for federal purposes. Estate valued under $675,000 for State purposes.
Monies have been distributed from bank accounts...mutual fund accounts...brokerage accounts...insurance policies...and a non-IRA annuity.
Must we report the monies distributed as income? Must we pay tax on the interest earned on the annuity? Two Class "A" beneficiaries live in NJ where the Estate is located and two Class "A" beneficiaries live in Arizona.

Also, as exectruix, I haven't sold the real estate yet as my sister is living
there at present. I am also aware that I must file a fiduciary return.

The estate hasn't been totally settled yet re: the real estate and I haven't sold stocks yet in Prudential as this stock seems to be doing well at the present. Also, I haven't cashed in the Series E bonds yet

What are the tax consequenses to each beneficiary?

Thanks for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">