• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clearing up deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lchowns

The deed to my grandmother and step-gradfther's house is still in both of their names. Both are deceased. His succession was settled in 1990 and my GM put his undivided 1/2 of everthing (including 1/2 the value of the home) in an account in the 2 daughter's names. They received it upon her death (10-2001) but the deed was never changed. They claim they have the right to 1/2 of the home. How can this be cleared up without going into court to get a clear title on the house? My GM's children are doing her succession but only 1/2 of the house will be transfered to them, his half on the deed was never taken care of. Please, advice needed. Louisiana is the state in mention.Thanks.

L

lchowns

clearing up deed part 2

The 2 daughters mentioned above are step-grandfather's children from previous marriage. He had 2 children, my grandmother had 5 children from her previous marriage. Just clarifying previous post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">