• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Closing of estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jubybean

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My father-in-law died July 2007 and the estate is still open. The house hasn't been sold and the money to the heirs has not be distributed. My husband's younger sisiter is the executrix and she is sitll living in the house ever since the dad died. She has made no effort of selling the house along with the property attached. She is living there without paying to the estate. There is nothing stated in the will that she is allowed to stay in the house after his death. There was a deposition and then they are going to put in a petition to have her removed from the house and off the property. She and her husband had a rental they they were living in after their house foreclosed. There was no reason for them to stay in the dad's house since another sister and her husband live rignt next door and they can check the house daily or their kids can check it also. Can anybody give any other suggestions or encouragement about this situation. There is only one brother and he didn't sign to have the estate supervised. It was unsupervised until they realized the the executrix wasn't doing things right. After the auction the money should have been distributed to the siblings but she kept the money right after it was given to her 2 days after the auction. And that was over $9,000. Hopefully there is someone in this group who understand the Indiana law regarding this situtation.

anteater

Why do you think that the answers have changed since the first time that you asked this question? And the second time...and the thrid time.....

Jubybean

https://forum.freeadvice.com/wills-trusts-estate-planning-113/will-question-383682.html

This is what I told you last December.

That's your answer.

Did you do this?
You have a good memory. Been there,done that. Sister-in-law that is executrix is still in the house. They had a deposition for her. HAven't heard anything. They are going to petition her to be removed from the estate and off the property. Then the other sister who is the alternate pr,is going to request that she be in her place.

Will tell you more when I find out.

Thanks,
Judy

seniorjudge

You have a good memory. Been there,done that. Sister-in-law that is executrix is still in the house. They had a deposition for her. HAven't heard anything. They are going to petition her to be removed from the estate and off the property. Then the other sister who is the alternate pr,is going to request that she be in her place.

Thanks,
Judy
Who is "they"?

Jubybean

Why do you think that the answers have changed since the first time that you asked this question? And the second time...and the thrid time.....
Number 1, I haven't beein in this group for quite a while. I don't like the attacks of the question that I asked. I would like a little more professionalism to be had with this. Attacks aren't necessary. I just hope that the administrator reads what you two are saying to me instead of giving me more suggestions. I am very hurt by this. Being adult about this,right?? hmmmmph!!!

seniorjudge

My husband's other 2 sisters who got the attorney to get the estate supervised. If you know so much about this, why are you asking me questions instead of giving me answers,huh??
One more time:

Time for your husband to get a lawyer.

Ask for an accounting.

seniorjudge

Number 1, I haven't beein in this group for quite a while. I don't like the attacks of the question that I asked. I would like a little more professionalism to be had with this. Attacks aren't necessary. I just hope that the administrator reads what you two are saying to me instead of giving me more suggestions. I am very hurt by this. Being adult about this,right?? hmmmmph!!!
Huh?

Please feel free to report us.

Jubybean

One more time:

Ask for an accounting.
forget it just talk to someone else in a nasty tone Maybe they can deal with an attitude of yours. you even sound like a lawyer,a disrespectful money hungry laywer. Please don't answer me again unless you know how to answer my question without attacking me. Bye!!!

anteater

And when was that?? I haven't been on this sie for a long time. If you are thinking of last year, I never got a good answer.
That's because you did not ask a good question.

You have a good memory. Been there,done that.
We don't keep Seniorjudge around cause he's so good looking.

I don't recall anyone asking for updates.

Or at least not since 9/3/2008.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/probate-personal-representatives-114/removal-executrix-428040.html

Have a good life, Judy.

Oh yeah the suggestion:

Last edited:

Jubybean

That's because you did not ask a good question.

We don't keep Seniorjudge around cause he's so good looking.

I don't recall any asking for updates.

Or at least not since 9/3/2008.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/probate-personal-representatives-114/removal-executrix-428040.html

Have a good life, Judy.

Oh yeah the suggestion:

Hey anteater,how old are you and how much experience do you have with estates?? I give people my suggestions without being critical. Now that's being an adult and caring. And besided, what kind of life do you have???????????????

Later,Fred!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">