• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co-Conservator

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdrake9241

State: CA
Nov '00 domestic violence by my step-dad against my mother resulted in 911 being called. No will is held by either one at this time. Public Guardian takes posession of my step dad placing him in a (Alzheimers is diagnoseed) phyc-facility. My mom hires an attorney to obtain conservatorship, as does my step-brother. Feb 01 Judge rules a co-conservatorshp. Step-brother has not come to see my dad nor has made any attempt to assist with the care.
They have 3 parcels of land 1 has the house on it the other has their well. Mom wishes to sell 1 that is not connected to the home, but the my step brother is giving her grief stating that she can not sell anything...the concern is medical expenses and how is she to take care of dad. She can no longer take care of him at home. Can she sell their home and parcel and put it into an account for medical care? Does she need to segregate the money 50/50 since CA is a community property state? She is so depressed that her mental well-being is my concern. If she surrenders co-conservator to my step-brother where would that leave her?

Concerned in CA

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">