• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co-Executor not distributing funds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pizzo23

I am in Illinois. When my mother, aslo of Illinois died, my brother and I were both listed as co-executors of her will, with everything to be split 50/50 between us. Her house and assets were done in just that manner. However, years later I found out that she had about $50,000 in 2 major company's stocks. I found this out because I found some of her old mail with dividends to these stocks.

When I called the holding companies of these stocks, they informed me that in 2009 after her death, the stock was transferred from my mother's name into my brother's name. I approached my brother about this. He says he doesn't know anything about it (a lie), and any stock he has of my mother's, he is not selling.

Do I have right to this stock? It is all in his name now even though I have proof that it was my mother's. What do I do now? Is there any way to get my half?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">