• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co-Poa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lcfgal

What is the name of your state? florida

can a person have his 3 children as co-power of attorneys?

if yes,

one child would not have any power without the other two childrens consent etc.? there would have to be consensus among all 3 for decisions etc?

please advise.

thanks in advance.What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Q: can a person have his 3 children as co-power of attorneys?

A: Yes.

Q: if yes, one child would not have any power without the other two childrens consent etc.?

A: Yes, if you set it up that way.

Q: there would have to be consensus among all 3 for decisions etc?

A: Yes, if you set it up that way.

What you are planning is a recipe for disaster. I have seen hundreds of POAs and the ones requiring two or more people acting in concert always bring trouble and grief, human nature being what it is.

If you cannot trust one of the kids acting by himself, then have a corporation (e.g., banks in some areas do this) be the power of attorney.

nextwife

My 2 sibs and I had co-POAs when our parent was terminal. It was structured so that any one of us could act, but we were all responsible enough to cooperate, communicate and work jointly. Nobody would have taken advantage of the situation. Chose caregiver together, made all major care and financial decision together and so on. Everyday stuff like picking up prescriptions and supplies we each did independently, but coordinated who was doing what on a given day.

YOU KNOW THE PARTIES INVOLVED, SO YOU NEED TO DECIDE

tranquility

I have to agree with seniorjudge. Having been involved with many, many multiple POA situations, I've got to tell you it rarely works out. Even reasonable people differ as to what is best and it is astonishing how quickly things devolve into fights between the supposed grown-ups rather than care for the target. Chose the person you trust most to be you. Committees may make better choices sometimes but don't act quickly enough for most of a person's life choices.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">