• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collecting as Beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stravs

Im in Maryland and I am executor/administrator of my mothers estate. She had an annuity with 5 beneficiaries(her children). I called the company to beging the process of having the fund dispursed. If I provide a certified copy of the death certificate and a copy of the letter of administration to the company holding the annuity, shouldnt they make the payoff or do they have other legal avenues to take. I was advised by the company rep to get a lawyer.

L

loku

Often companies have their own requirements as to documentation before they will release funds. However, they usually require the filling out of their form and a copy of the letter of administration and death certificate.

I would suggest that before you hire an attorney on this you ask them why they will not disperse the funds. Then consider whether you need an attorney, depending on their answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">