• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conditions of a trust...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Whitrae

I know that the terms of a trust must be carried out by a executor as stated. If they hadn't followed a rule that was for all beneficiaries to be drug tested before receiving any money, how could they be held responsible? I was a beneficiary and then was removed, so I know this was a condition. I also know it was not done, how do I hold the executor responsible?

justalayman

I know that the terms of a trust must be carried out by a executor as stated. If they hadn't followed a rule that was for all beneficiaries to be drug tested before receiving any money, how could they be held responsible? I was a beneficiary and then was removed, so I know this was a condition. I also know it was not done, how do I hold the executor responsible?
Do you mean trustee?

If so, I'm not understanding your concern. If you were removed as a beneficiary due to your violation of
The rules, that's the end of things for you. Only if your share of the benefits was affected due to the trustee not following the terms of the trust would you have standing to contest the trustees actions.

What it sounds like is you were eliminated as a beneficiary due to your drug use but another beneficiary was not eliminated due to their drug use. If so, due to your drug use you lost standing to contest the payments to the other drug user. Any other beneficiary that was negatively affected by the payment retains standing since their share was (presumably) negatively impacted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">