• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

condo inheritance and sale of property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gypsycat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My sister and I are beneficiaries of my aunt's estate which consists of her condo and nothing more. She passed away 1 1/2 years ago. I have kept up the the condo expenses and it is time to sell. My sister is willing to sign her 50% over to me as I was the sole caretaker for many years.
Can the condo go on the market before settling the estate through probate court. Does the deed need to be solely in my name?
There are no other assets in the estate as all funds were spent on elder care prior to my aunt's death.
Thank you.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My sister and I are beneficiaries of my aunt's estate which consists of her condo and nothing more. She passed away 1 1/2 years ago. I have kept up the the condo expenses and it is time to sell. My sister is willing to sign her 50% over to me as I was the sole caretaker for many years.
Can the condo go on the market before settling the estate through probate court. Does the deed need to be solely in my name?
There are no other assets in the estate as all funds were spent on elder care prior to my aunt's death.
Thank you.
**A: if the condo was only in aunts name then you and sis can't do anything until you get probate approval to sell the condo. And at this point you and sis have no interest in the property as the property is owned by the estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">