• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobandtom

my trustee rights

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?MI. My father had a revocable trust drawn up. There are 3 children involved.there are 2 trustees my older sister and myself in order.The house was left to me after it has been deducted from my third. there is enough money in the life insurance to cover this. However, my sister who is a trustee took the deed to this house and wont release it to me so I can put it in my name.She also took my fathers bank account and removed his name and put the other sister on it along with herself and left me out. The other sister is not a trustee.She also has the life insurance check coming in her name only,( so she says.) I am also sure that they are spending the money in my dads account for personal things before any of the bills have been paid.I would like to know if what she is doing is legal? She says I have no right to do anything. She says I should just take what i get and be happy about it.I dont know if she is right about this because I have requested a copy of the trust from her for 5 weeks now and havent received it.What do I do???

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

bobandtom said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?MI. My father had a revocable trust drawn up. There are 3 children involved.there are 2 trustees my older sister and myself in order.The house was left to me after it has been deducted from my third. there is enough money in the life insurance to cover this. However, my sister who is a trustee took the deed to this house and wont release it to me so I can put it in my name.She also took my fathers bank account and removed his name and put the other sister on it along with herself and left me out. The other sister is not a trustee.She also has the life insurance check coming in her name only,( so she says.) I am also sure that they are spending the money in my dads account for personal things before any of the bills have been paid.I would like to know if what she is doing is legal? She says I have no right to do anything. She says I should just take what i get and be happy about it.I dont know if she is right about this because I have requested a copy of the trust from her for 5 weeks now and havent received it.What do I do???
You, as a trustee, have the right to an accounting and also the right to see all documents.

Hire a lawyer and get bad sister into court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">