• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

conservator created a will without the heirs knowledge.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ronna001

unrelated conservator created a Will including herself in it and refuses to show it.

State of California
my aunt was taken from her home two years ago by the now
conservator of both the person and the estate. there are a niece and nephew no children or spouse. the conservator is not a realative, was the one who created the will with her own attorney. they want to have a large portion of my aunts estate and have threatened both me and my brother with long litagation and/or excluding us from our aunts estate. unknown to us they were successful in becoming the conservator of the estate after we and adult services requested the county remain conservator of the estate. this person met our aunt while delivering meals from a charity for the elderly and thought she had no relatives,our father lives about three blocks away.our aunt had voided her last will to remove this person from it but that is only hearsay as she did not write it down. the attorney is refusing contact and also the now conservator of both the estate and the person of our aunt will not contact us. we would like to keep the estate protected from any unsavory persons and kept intact for the two heirs. The California Bar as we understand it does not investigate attorneys due to lack of funds.

[Edited by ronna001 on 06-15-2001 at 12:09 PM]

A

advisor10

JUNE 23, 2001

DEAR RONNA:

Is your aunt still mentally alert and able to understand normal conversation?

If you know where she lives and are able to visit her, get her to give you her signature on a power of attorney and have her sign a letter stating that she specifically rejects the old will and have a new will prepared for her signature, which automatically will void the conservator's will.

You also need to consult with an attorney to see if a petition can be filed to cancel the conservatorship.

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

R

ronna001

Reply to conserator created a will without the heirs knowledge

State of California
Thank you for the response. We did hire an attorney to represent us. Sadly our Aunt passed away before we found out about the Will created by the conservator. Thank you for your answer to my question. There are people out in the world who do victimize the elderly and we should all protect them. I am hoping that this was the case when the unknown Will was created by the court appointed conservator and her attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">