• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contesting a trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kis8

What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state? CA

my sister and I were executors of my fathers trust, he now has taken our names off his trust and added the "new wife" he doesn't know that we all know he has done this, he also has a provision in his trust that if anyone contests the trust they will only receive $1. The "new wife" has stated and acknowledged in front of myself, my sister his lawyer and other family members that she does NOT want anything from him, that she has her own money. My question is can we get anything out of this trust or is she going to get it all? If we went to court, do we have any case since she verbally said she wanted nothing (especially in front of his lawyer)? Please Help! any info is appreciated

Last edited:

Dandy Don

Father has the right to make any changes in his trust that he wants.

Only way you can know for sure what is happening is to discuss it with him.

You don't have knowledge of all of the facts--when you say he took your name off, did he take it off as trustees or as beneficiaries? You could still be named as beneficiaries in the trust and you are acting as if he completely cut you all out. It is only normal for him to want to provide for his new wife and if he wants to leave her something that is his business, so please be polite when discussing this matter with him.

You don't even have the legal right or moral right to see the trust before he dies, but it is only in the interest of family harmony and clearing things up before he dies that I even made the suggestion that you talk to him about it now so that any confusion can be cleared up.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">