• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contesting A Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shiggy

My Grandfather passed away 14 yrs ago leaving equal money to my mother and my aunt.
My Aunt then moved to a larger house with a 'Granny-annex'for my Grandmother to move in to. My mother put her part of her inheritance towards this property so that my Grandmother would have somewhere to live.
Now my Grandmother has recently passed away and it has transpired that her will was change twice within the last year and my mother has been left less than a 1/4 of even the original paternal inheritance and no personal possessions. My Aunt has received everything else and is also going to sell the property for a very large profit.
During the past year my Grandmother has been very ill and at times it seemed she was not in sound mind, in fact, she was mentally assessed and put into a Residential Care Home for the last few months of her life.
My mother feels that her sister may have 'persuaded' these changes in her Mothers Will.
This very same situation also occured with a Great Aunts will a couple of years ago too.
Is there any way that my mother can
1) see all of the paperwork involved (including the orginal wills)?
2) Contest her Mothers will?
3) Claim money from my Aunt when she sells the property? that my mother invested in?

S

Shiggy

Contesting a Will (Contd)

Sorry - I forgot to mention that I am in the United Kingdom. Please help as my Mother is destraught at how her sister has treated her. Thanks

ALawyer

If this were in the US -- and we do not even attempt to answer issues outside North America -- it would sound as if there is at least a likelihood of undue influence, which would be grounds for denying probate to a Will. I suggest that you contact a Solicitor and get some advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">