• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contesting a will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tygababe

My grandmother recently passed away (Ohio). She had the same will for 30 years which left certain jewelry items to specific members of the family and the remainder of the estate to my father and his brother equally. If either or both of the sons died, their share was to be divided equally among their respective children. My father passed away in 1994, which then left his half to my brother, sisters and myself. My grandmother became ill and in Sept of 2000, she made a new will at the law office where my cousin(Uncle's daughter) was the only secretary. The new will now leaves each grandchild a very small monetary amount and the rest of the estate to my uncle. Is there a conflict of interest here? My grandmother told several members of our family that she kept her will the same as it was and that she just updated it to include the 4 greatgrandkids. Do my brother, sisters and myself have a viable reason to contest the will? Her neices and cousins are sure that she would not have left everything to the remaining son due to past mistrusts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">